Your personal information and privacy is important to us.
We want you to be confident that when interacting with KnowledgeAdd, you can do so knowing that your information is safe and secure.
This policy covers...
- The personal information we collect;
- How and why we collect and use your personal information;
- Why we process your personal information;
- When and why we will disclose your personal information to other organizations;
- The rights and choices you have when it comes to your personal information;
- The steps we take to ensure your information is kept secure and confidential;
- How long we will hold your information for;
- How to contact us.
Personal information KnowledgeAdd collects...
KnowledgeAdd may collect personal information about you when:
- You register your interest with KnowledgeAdd relating to any of our products or services
- You download content from our website
- You fill out your details as part of our ‘checkout’ process
- You purchase a training course place
- When you visit our website we may collect information about your online browsing behaviour and any devices you have used (including your IP address, browser type and mobile device identifiers)
Type of information we collect...
Depending on the type of interaction with our website, KnowledgeAdd may collect any of the following personal information:
- Your full name
- Name of the organisation you work for
- Email address
- Job title
- Postal address
- Billing address
- Work contact number
- Personal contact number
- Your IP address
- Your web browser type
- Your mobile device type
How KnowledgeAdd collect and use your personal information...
KnowledgeAdd will use your information to provide you with a personalised experience of our website, products, and services. We may use your email address to send you information relating to our products and services. This may include, but is not limited to, offers, updates, 3rd party information and offers, and information of offers from our partners.
If you decide that you do not wish to receive communications from us, please read the “How you can change permissions” section further below this page.
Monthly e-newsletter email
If you have opted-in to receive information from us, and we have also collected your email address, we will send you our newsletter email, usually monthly, and occasional information relating to our other products and services which we believe may add value to you.
Reports and other free content
Purchasing a product or service
We use the personal information you provide when you make a purchase of a product or service to process the product or service you have purchased and send you an invoice.
Internal reporting and analysis
KnowledgeAdd may use your personal information to create data for the purposes of internal reporting, insight and analysis, enabling us to improve our website, the products we offer and search results.
We may use your personal information to personalise aspects of our website.
We may use your personal information to:
- Contact you in response to the communications that you have directed to us
- Invite you to take part in market research activities carried out by us
- Any information you provide will remain anonymous and will become part of aggregated data and may be published in a report
- Award you a prize if you have won a competition that KnowledgeAdd are running
By giving us personal information about another person you are confirming that they have given you consent to provide the personal information to us and that they understand how their details will be used.
We will periodically review your personal information to ensure that we do not keep it for longer than is permitted by law.
All personal information that we hold can be deleted by your request. Please email us if you would like to request that the relevant data be deleted at email@example.com.
Purchasing a product or service with Klarna
In order to offer you Klarna’s payment methods, we might in the checkout pass your personal data in the form of contact and order details to Klarna, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment methods and to tailor those payment methods for you. Your personal data transferred is processed in line with .
Why do we process your personal information?
We will only collect and use your personal information (as described in previous sections of this page) in accordance with data protection laws.
Our grounds for processing your personal information are as follows:
Consent – Where necessary we will only collect and process your personal information if you have given us consent.
Legitimate Interests – We may use and process some of your personal information where we have legitimate business grounds for doing so.
Under European privacy laws a concept of “legitimate interests” exists as justification for processing your personal information.
Our legitimate interests for processing your personal information are:
- To enable you to access and use the websites and content within it
- To communicate with you about KnowledgeAdd and related 3rd party products and services, such as reports, information and updates from our partners which we believe you may find value in
- To improve our website, our products, and our services
You have the right to object to our use of your personal information for these legitimate interests.
Use of children's personal information...
KnowledgeAdd do not ever knowingly collect or store personal information about any individual considered to be a minor. If you are aged 15 or under, please obtain your parent or guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information.
Disclosure of your personal information to other organizations...
A 3rd party could be any organisation that KnowledgeAdd chooses to partner with to deliver, improve, or develop its products and services.
If KnowledgeAdd sell part of all of its business, your information may be part or all of the transferred business assets. If this happens, your information many be disclosed by the successors of KnowledgeAdd for them to use for the purposes set out in this policy.
How you can revoke consent for KnowledgeAdd to use your personal information...
Your privacy is important to us. All forms of marketing communication sent directly from KnowledgeAdd will include clear instructions on how to unsubscribe. In addition, if you do not wish to be contacted by KnowledgeAdd any more, please email us your request to be removed from our marketing databases at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your information rights and responsibilities...
You have statutory rights under existing data protection legislation, including a right to request a copy of the personal information that KnowledgeAdd hold on you.
In addition, you have the following rights:
- Right to correct – the right to have your personal information rectified if it is inaccurate of incomplete.
- Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your personal information from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your information – the right to ‘block’ us from using your personal information or limit the way in which we use it.
- Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy, or transfer your personal information.
- Right to object – the right to object to our use of your personal information where we use it for our legitimate interests.
If you are not satisfied with the way any enquiry, request, or complaint you make in relation to your personal information is handled by KnowledgeAdd, then you may contact the relevant data protection regulator. This is the Commissioner’s Officer, in the UK.
Some 3rd party technology we use (e.g. social media, videos, etc) may also have cookies stored on your device to improve your experience on their website(s).
Keeping your personal information secure...
Keeping personal information secure is very important to us so we store and process your personal information in accordance with the high standards required under data protection legislation.
From time to time and for operational reasons the personal information we collect from you may be transferred to and stored in countries outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
Different countries have different data protection and security laws and some of these do not offer the same level of protection as you enjoy under UK data protection legislation.
However, when we appoint our service providers to help us provide products and services to you, we take care to ensure that they have appropriate security measures in place.
We do our best to keep the information you disclose to us secure. However, we can’t guarantee its security. By using our website you accept the inherent risks of providing personal information online and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security.
How long does KnowledgeAdd keep your personal information?...
If you have not interacted with KnowledgeAdd in any way, for a reasonable period of time following the last engagement, we may contact you to ensure you’re still happy to receive communications from us.
How to contact us...
If you have any queries relating to KnowledgeAdd’s use of your personal information or any other data protection related questions, please email us at email@example.com or write to us at KnowledgeAdd Ltd, International House, 64 Nile Street, London, N1 7SR.
Changes to this policy...
This policy is effective from 2nd November 2020.
Changes posted on this page will be effective immediately.